Maybe two months ago I asked my friends to share with me what are the top 5 lists of the things that they value the most in their life, the things, people, event, or merely just anything that they value so much they cannot live without so to speak. I have been meaning to publish this post but for whatever reasons I just didn’t feel like “it’s the right time” yet, until today.
But before going on to my list, I would like to share four lists from the people who took the time and effort to share what they value the most in their life.
From Paola Aquino, Professional Business Analyst and a very close friend of mine:
From Sir Antonio Ingles, Educator/Founder of Aral Pinoy and Full Time Faculty at DLS – CSB:
“There is a demand upon us to be a person of God, for others and for creation and there is a call to sacrifice on their behalf, to put aside selfishness and be committed for the cause of what will truly bring more ease in their lives (nakakaluwag) because in the final analysis and reflection: “anumang nakapag-uugnay sa Diyos, sa kapwa, sa sarili at sa kalikasan ay nakakapagpaluwag” (relationships with God, others, oneself and nature make for a life of ease.) In other words, “anumang nakapag-uugnay ay nakakapagpaluwag” (relationships make for a life of ease).
To know more about the Aral Pinoy, you may visit their official website.
From Frenz Jorisse Ilan, 16 year old College Student and a very close cousin of mine:
From Amlenur Bayot, fellow DLS – CSB Alumni and Center for Social Action Volunteer:
“Aside from my family and my faith ;) well i still have things that i can’t really live without:
So before I write down my own list, I would like to thank all of you for sharing with me the things that are dear to you and you considered valuable. To be honest, I was really amazed because I can feel that these things that you listed are really significant for all of you.
Without further ado, here goes mine.
It’s been week since I received the most devastating news this year – that I lost one of my dearest friends. Hence, I have decided to pour my heart on this post since her passing has made me re – evaluate the things that I value in my life.
This is the story of how we met.
It was May 2011, Internship/OJT period, I’ve decided to apply as an HR Intern in GIZ, the non - profit organization where my “terror professor” also works as an HR Manager. Luckily, I was chosen for a 6 - month internship contract.
This is where I met this free - spirited young lady named Jade Ayanna Fernandez. She’s tall, has mid - length hair, she has retainers, chinita eyes, slender/boyish body type, and always wears that freakingly cute smile.
A few days after, the whole team went for a 3-day teambuilding, and this is where I get to know her better. We became roommates for 3 days.
This is our first "roomie selfie" during our first night at the hotel. We were actually waiting for our co - interns to arrive together with our drinks.
She’s one of the sweetest girls I’ve known. In the office, she always put some sticky notes with random cute and sweet messages in it everywhere - under my laptop, at the back of my chair, on my planner, everywhere. She does that everyday, and funny because whenever I arrive at the office, it became my hobby to look for her notes everywhere. I still keep them on my planner.
Being born with a wanderlust soul, her "let’s do this!" attitude is one that I really admire about her. She’s a natural adventurer. She’s a tough cookie and never turndown challenge, specially if it has something to do with food (oh my! she maybe thin but she eats like a construction worker you’ll be asking where all the foods go).
Imprint a damaged teddy before throwing it away.
Take a cue from Australian artist Geoffrey Ricardo by applying a light coat of paint to the front of your kid’s teddy and pressing it against craft paper.
Turn one of your kid’s drawings into a key chain.
You can also turn a drawing into a softie.
Preserve your baby’s hospital hat and I.D. bracelet in an ornament.
Make a family yearbook.
Catalogue memorable items from each school year.
All you need are file folders and a filing cabinet or milk crate.
Another fun option is to make school memory boxes.
Keep an Ugly Photo Book.
Instead of throwing out or deleting unflattering photos, save them in a photo book! One day you and your kids will laugh hysterically as you flip through it.
Take humorously inappropriate photos to give to your kid upon graduating from high school.
Your kid will probably think you’re nuts, but also pretty damn funny.
Save ticket stubs to every show, concert, and game that you see together.
UNIQUE GLASS BEACH IN CALIFORNIA
The glass beach near Fort Bragg in California formed after the trash dumped there for years by local residents was pounded into sand by the surf. The dumping was eventually prohibited, but the glass sand remains.
HIDDEN BEACH IN MARIETA, MEXICO
This beach in Mexico is said to have formed after the Mexican government used the uninhabited islands for target practice in the 1900s.
MALDIVES BEACH THAT LOOKS LIKE STARRY NIGHT SKY
The lights on this beach in the Maldives are caused by microscopic bioluminescent phytoplankton, which give off light when they are agitated by the surf.
THE BEACH OF THE CATHEDRALS, RIBADEO, SPAIN
The stunning cathedral-like arches and buttresses of this beach in Spain were formed by pounding water over thousands upon thousands years.
PINK SAND BEACH, BAHAMAS
The idyllic pink sand of the Bahamas is pigmented by washed-up coral remnants, which are dashed and ground to tiny pieces by the surf.
EXTREME PLANE LANDINGS AT MAHO BEACH, SAINT MARTIN
The black volcanic sand on this Icelandic beach contrasts beautifully with the white and glassy chunks of ice.
interesting how the answers change as the men get younger
C U R R E N T L Y …
♥ reading tons of articles about super food ingredients and technical specifications of chocolate processing equipment. Feels like college thesis all over!
♥ writing this post and some other work – related tasks on my planner.
♥ listening to All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor. I’ve been obsessing with this song since last week, together with Crazy Stupid Love by Cheryl Cole, Not a Bad Thing by JT and Bailando of Enrique Iglesias. Hearts all over!
♥ thinking about making the biggest technology hop of my life by buying a decent iPhone 5. Well, i’m not really a techie person and it’s pretty expensive as well so deciding to finally purchase an iPhone would be a milestone for me.
♥ smelling the scent of ESCAPE perfume all over me. For a person who’s not into perfumes, other than my all time favorite CK One of course, I really like the scent of ESCAPE – feminine yet not too girly.
♥ wishing for another getaway this coming weekend. I’ve been spending weekends on the beach for three consecutive weekends already, and to be honest, i wouldn’t mind spending all weekends there, at least not until winter.
♥ hoping that everything will fall into their proper places, in God’s time.
♥ wearing body hugging long skirt in navy blue, i don’t know how to call it really; paired with purple cotton semi – cropped top which is a bit blousy in style and of course, my trusty pair of strapped sandals in black with hint of silver.
♥ loving the empowering and liberating (in a good way) feeling of being with myself and myself alone. Do the things I never thought I’d do in my life, exploring the wholeness of my entire being, testing my limitations, and do things that makes me question my beliefs but at the same time makes me stand firmly about my values in life. I must say that currently, I’m in the process of enriching and opening myself to possibilities. I guess breaking up with her is not a bad decision after all. At least I have all the time to myself now.
♥ wanting for this day to end already because I want to go home and take a good rest. I do believe two days is not enough.
♥ feeling happy and contented with respect to where my life is currently heading right now. I am not perfect but who is, right? I still do a lot of mistakes but it’s what makes me human. I may not be stinking rich but I have all the experiences that i earned from trying to live my life to the fullest. And i thank Him for that; i thank Him for taking good care of me always.
Hope you lovely earthlings are having a blast this weekend! Be safe and don’t forget to look up and thank Him for all the blessing. :)
August 12, 2014
I dreamt about you last night, no this morning I mean, exactly an hour before the alarm snooze. In my dreams I saw you yelling back at me, full of anger and overwhelming pain, and I’ve never seen myself so scared of someone in my entire life. I saw myself walking as fast as I could, with shaking hands. I don’t know but for whatever reason I don’t want you to be near me in any way. If that’s how much pain I’ve cost you, curse me then, do not forgive me, hate me for the rest of your life and wish not to see me again, or our paths to ever not cross again for that matter. Just like what I told you, shake it off, you’ll be fine.
It is never easy to fall in love with someone who’s emotionally bipolar. Emotionally Bipolar, is that even a legit mental or psychological term? Well, that’s how I describe my mental state when it comes to being in a relationship. Loving someone with a mental state like mine could be very frustrating; mentally tiring, disappointing, and can make you go insane even. I can go from the very loving, sweet, caring, bubbly, and thoughtful girlfriend today to a complete “look all the fucks I care” kind of bitch the next day. My personality exists on the both ends of the string, I can’t do middle. Loving someone like me is a very tough job and the worst thing that could happen is you regretting that you even dared yourself to fall in love with me only to get hurt at the end. This state, let me tell you, is also hard for me to explain and understand, well at least I had the creativity to give it a name for that matter. This past few weeks, or it’s been a month or two already that I’ve been this kind of person, a total opposite of the person you used to know and love, you might be asking questions like “who the hell are you?” or “what did you do to my girlfriend?” So here’s the list of the 10 things I know I recklessly made you feel, and maybe still feeling until now which I am sorry for.
I am sorry for making you feel like this, but I cannot be sorry for being an emotional bipolar because this is part of who I am. I know I am hard to love, but if you could just hold on for a little bit longer, maybe you’ll realize that I can be bearable at times, you’ll just have to be very patient with me because I might tend to push you away for so many times, although what I’ve been meaning to tell you is to stay by my side.
I wasn’t able to greet all of my friends a happy International Best Friend’s Day that’s why I’ve thought of writing this post and list down significant friends that have created an impact in my life by far. To be honest, this list cannot cover all of them for they’re so many. Just think of it as a pre - preview then.
Few snapshots from my spontaneous Friday roadtrip going to Abu Dhabi. I went there to pick up the package that my mom sent through our very good relative there. Since my uncle’s at work and my other cousin’s still sleeping, Chin, my aunt, and I have to take the public transportation going there. Bus ride from Sharjah to Abu Dhabi costs AED30.00 while going back costs only AED25.00 (I don’t know why is that).
The travel took roughly three hours and the ventilation inside the bus is not really very relaxing (or it’s just me being the meticulous kid that I am).
These photos were taken using Heaven (my trusty iTouch 4th Gen) which I always bring with me instead of my digital camera (because you know, much more handy).
This is basically my life so far and I’m looking forward for more spontaneous road trips and hopefully, a real hardcore summer activity sooner (which I badly need by the way). much love!
Abu Dhabi, UAE (2014)
Thank God for long weekend. I was able to be somehow productive at home, did a lot of Skype chikka with mom, was able to do some self – pampering stuff like manicure and pedicure which I haven’t done in ages already! Not to mention my body’s a bit sore from helping my cousin do some house chores, although it did me good actually because I burned some fats. Without further whatsoever, here are some snapshots of my life so far.
➸ Reminisced childhood memories when babe sent me this dragonfly that she caught on her camera while she and her friends are having a little reunion by the river. Nostalgic indeed! This picture reminded me that all the material things that I lack when I was a child was nothing as compared to all the life long memories that I have gained from living a simple yet adventurous life in the province.
➸ This random sketch that babe found on the balcony of their house. I’m so glad she found and sent it to me because then I had an idea as to what “gift or surprise” shall I make for her for our upcoming 6th month.
➸ Awakening my inner somewhat artistic soul. I really couldn’t boast of my art skills but when I’m in the mood, I can be pretty artistic too. Since we’re on LDR, I really dedicate time and exert effort in doing something “special” for her. I’m a sucker for gift giving and I totally suck at giving gifts, but I do love to put some personal touch on everything that I will give to the people that I love. For this month, and my mood allowed me to do so, I tried to sketch some of my favorite pictures of her and two of them are sketches of her and her most hated crab! Seriously, I was laughing the entire time I was doing the sketches because I could only imagine her reaction on the crab. I haven’t done sketching in ages and I must say, I think the output’s satisfactory. Hey! It’s the effort that counts right?
➸ She’s the type of girl who’s not really into sweet things and I’m pretty sure she’s not even aware that she’s being sweet sometimes. She sent me these flowers and asked me randomly, “I haven’t gave you flowers before right?” which of course is a yes because I haven’t received a single leaf or petal from her before. I found it too cute and sweet of her because it seems like the idea just came out of nowhere but then the act itself is too sweet for me. I don’t know if she’s even aware that what she did is so nakakakilig.
➸ Chasing sunset every day. It has become a part of my everyday life to try and catch some sunset on my way home, then babe and I will exchange shots afterwards. It’s amazing how you get to see the same sun everyday yet you get to feel different emotions upon seeing it, you know what I mean? It’s like they may be the same sunset, but the memories or the events that you can acquaint to it would vary from time to time, it changes everyday.
➸ So this sunflower grew out of our pet bird’s leftovers. I just find the situation quite amusing because I can relate her growth with the concept of adaptation. Isn’t it very challenging to adapt to an environment that is out of your comfort zone? Pretty scary yet the very thought of it excites me in a way that I wanted to be this sunflower – I can be thrown anywhere and still manage to live, bloom, and survive.
➸ Since I literally stayed inside the house the whole weekend, I decided to pay the front yard a visit. It was 6 o’clock in the afternoon when I decided to go out and these sparkly flashes of light caught my attention. It’s just so mesmerizing to see how they sparkle against the leaves and branches of the tree, so calm and so natural. Reminds me of home.
P.S. I wasn’t able to do some journal writing and updating of blog post ideas because I realized I have to give my eyes and brain a break from the computer and from anything that will further exhaust them. But Ramadan is fast approaching so maybe I’ll use my spare time during those days to totally have some journal lovin’ and blog posts updating. Much love! ♥
This is a long way overdue like seriously my apologies dear li’l sister K (Kaila) and thank you so much for awarding me The Sunshine Award, my very first Tumblr award! Yayy! I think I haven’t noticed it before on my ask box until last night I decided to browse back old messages and I found this cute little blessing! ;-)
I have to share and answer these stuff so here it goes.
The blogger who received the award must:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
2. Share 11 random facts of yourself.
3. Answer 11 questions from the nominating blogger.
4. List 11 bloggers to recommend. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!”
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you. Enjoy!
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT REYL:
1. I love to travel, see the beauty and explore the hidden natural treasures of other places.
2. I’m into mid – extreme outdoor activities and adventures.
3. I love surfing, so much! I’m still on the learning process though, but I’m getting there.
4. I’m a wild child, a free spirit who’s in the process of living my life to the extreme fullest.
5. Fascinated with the smell of old books and the vintage – faded color of its pages.
6. Forever amazed by the beauty of sunsets and sunrises, the vast sea and the open sky.
7. Family – oriented and God – fearing person; not religious tho.
8. I love hanging out with my super friends, go on out – of – town trips, food trips, surf breaks; we can do pretty much everything under the sun when we’re together. That’s how spontaneous we are.
9. Graduated college at the age of 18, pretty young as compared to the norm (proud kid here!).
10. I’m a talented kid also (self – proclaimed), kidding aside, I always encourage myself to try and do things that I haven’t tried before; pretty much the “say yes to every opportunity” kind of attitude that I possess.
11. I have a strong personality and people perceive me as intimidating at first, but once you get to know me, get ready for some serious shiznit sistah! ;)
11 QUESTIONS FROM KAILA:
1. Do you have an adventurous taste bud or a conservative one? I must say I do have a mid – adventurous taste bud ;) I love food..a whole freaking lot! I can manage or bring myself to eat almost anything except for beef and onions.
2. What is your style in clothing? I don’t really know how to answer this but let’s see. I’m a vamp – chic who loves to wear tank top under and denim bottom (jeans or distressed shorts). I love oversized shirts, hoodie/jacket, cardigans, and jerseys. My most love would be my so called “beach – trio” bikini top, loose tank top, and board shorts.
3. Was there a time your faith was tested? Will you mind sharing that experience? What did you do? I can’t remember a time or an event tho, but one thing’s for sure, I know how much He loves me and I’ve entrusted him pretty much everything there is in my life right now. I’m human and there are times when I felt weak but He’s so great He always lifts me up and whisper, “You can do it, you’re my child, you have a brave heart so stand up and try again.”
4. What is your personality? Type A personality
5. What are the things that relaxes you? I write whatever floats my boat on my personal journal or planner, I blog, I write literary pieces like poems, candid stories, and even lyrics. I rarely do sketches, which would have to depend on my mood really and I also read books. Just spending some quiet time by the beach, hearing nothing but the waves and birds chirping, waiting for the sunset and smelling the afternoon sea breeze, that’s my favorite me – time.
6. What are the top 5 songs on your playlist? Well, I usually put my playlist on random but these five are my favorites – Ours (T. Swift), All of Me (J. Legend), Beautiful (Mali Music), Neonlights (D. Lovato), and Wish You Were Here (A. Lavigne).
7. What is your comfort food? KitKat and Cotton Candy
8. What is your recent happy moment? Babe posted a video of her singing I’d Lie (T. Swift). For me it’s really sweet though I don’t know if she’s even aware that the gesture she just made was super nakaka-kilig. ;)
9. What annoys you the most? Messy and unorganized environment, people touching/using my stuff without my permission, bad smells, and narrow – minded people.
10. Are you fond of going out or just staying at home? Why? I rarely go to malls because seeing too many people in one compact place suffocates me. I only go out if I’m going on out – of – town trips for like three days or surf breaks, a visit in the province or elsewhere which will require a couple of hours travelling (thru land or sea).
11. Why do you blog? I blog mainly because I have tons of unspoken words which needs to be express. I want to share a portion of my life to others, share my adventures and get to know other people’s stories as well. I’m a sucker for “real life” stories and as much as I love reading fictional books, I love to spend time reading posts from personal blogs that I follow, get to know their stories, be inspired, and collect some thoughts to ponder.
- Avoid negativity as much as possible, don’t worry or don’t over think too much. No matter what happens stay positive.
♥ Camie Juan (Wild-spirit.net)
♥ Ina Yulo (callherhollywood.tumblr.com)
♥ Tia Blanco (tiablanco.tumblr.com)
♥ Ellie Jean Coffey (elliejeancoffey.tumblr.com)
♥ Mitch (maliciousmitch.tumblr.com)
♥ Carllyn (theedorkdiaries.tumblr.com)
♥ Larissa (lariicsngl.tumblr.com)
♥ Christian (chirstianrellis.tumblr.com)
♥ Christine (xtinepena.tumblr.com)
♥ Alyssa (thewallflowersecrets.com)
♥ Sue (suediaries.tumblr.com)
11 QUESTIONS FROM REYL:
1. What (could be a person, a thing, or anything) do you value the most in your life and why?
2. Most unforgettable moment by far?
3. Favorite childhood memory/ies?
4. Favorite expression?
5. What’s your idea of a dream date?
6. What’s your idea of “me – time”?
7. What are your top 5 favorite movies of all time?
8. What are your pet peeves?
9. What are the personal characteristics of a person that turns you on?
10. If you could be anywhere right now, at this very moment, where would it be and why?
11. If you could tell someone something that you haven’t got the chance to tell them yet, who and what would it be?
I guess it ends here so yeah! I enjoyed answering Kaila’s questions and I’m looking forward to read yours too! ♥ much love!